A hashtag refers to a “label” preceded by the # sign that makes it easier to find posts or information with a theme or contains specific content. And trust us, it’s not a trend, it’s really #useful !
- The hashtag is your best way to grow your audience, organically, with qualitative followers. It allows your content to appear on your target’s feed. A post without any hashtag in the description won’t reach any of the followers you want to reach!
- It’s also the best ways to get discovered by new audiences on Instagram: hashtags encourage audience interactions with the followers you are targeting, and this can result into more engagement, more followers, and more customers for your business.
- Use hashtags that fit your brand! If you are a trendy and boutique hotel, #luxury won’t be efficient here.
- Use the # sign on multiple platforms:
- Twitter: Because of character count restrictions, please don’t use more than 2 hashtags per tweet for best engagement.
- Facebook: 2 hashtags minimum, one popular hashtag and one custom hashtag for your brand.
- Instagram: It allows up to 30 hashtags, however keep it to no more than 15 per post for the highest level of engagement.