In order to target the business, you need to know who is already coming to the hotel. But are you able to answer that with your current segmentation?
- Extract your rate plans and segments attached thereto, make sure that the mapping in place is correct
- Define what are the key elements you want to target: type of rate, channel, distribution, loyalty, demographics, etc.
- Now is the good time to review your segments: do you have the right segmentation? If you think you are missing something, and need to add/remove some segments, change it!
- Same as with our tips on Rate Plans (Day 5), you would prefer to have more segments than less, and you can always group them in master segment/rate categories or any groupement of segments you can do in your PMS. Visibility and readability of your business is KEY to take the best decisions
- Distribution being a key element of revenue management, we would suggest you look also at your costs when defining the segments: should your Flex GDS be with your Flex DirectWeb? Probably not…