You NEED to have your hotel open for at least the next 365 days and the prices right from Day 1 the hotel is on sale!
- Think about how far in advance some events are planned (weddings, conferences, etc.) and how far in advance you can book transportation
- Make sure you have a good understanding on the key events and that your early bird pricing is reflecting that
- That applies to all channels: first your own direct channels and then all your distributors. Make sure you don’t have any dummy value entered for your Y+1 days – it happens often to be zero or a very high rate and can have a bad impact!
- 365 is the minimum, if you can be open for a longer horizon this is even better – don’t expect much bookings but at least if some people are searching you will be available
- Put a reminder to check both pick up and pricing at least once every 2 weeks to make sure all is in order for M+12