As much as your room types, the rates plans are part of the products you are selling: they have attributes, restrictions and T&C that need to be defined first
- First thing is to review all attributes, added values and cancellations policies you want to offer
- Extract all rate codes from your PMS and do some cleaning – do not necessarily delete them as you may need to keep them for statistics but disable the unused ones to make sure they don’t “pollute” your system
- Always keep in mind the customer: what will he see when looking at your website and other distributor? You need to make sure your structure is simple and efficient.
- Your rate names should be straightforward to understand – you don’t want the customer to have to wonder what the differences are and probably then move away to another platform…
- Make the increment between rates clear – decimals can quickly look messy
- Special Offers and Promotions can be a good tool but keep it for special occasions (or to play with the parity (sh!))